Replacement Windows in St. Louis
Don't let ugly, drafty windows bring you and your house down! Have windows that you are proud of, and that make you comfortable.
Signs that Your Home Needs Replacement Windows
There are specific signs that indicate that it’s time to replace those old windows with more modern, functional and durable replacements.
- Noise. If the outside noise sounds more like it’s inside, it could mean that they aren’t sealed properly. They may also have been inferior grade to begin with, so they don’t insulate the sound well.
- Drafty. Even if your windows are closed, you can feel a draft. This could be the result of broken or faulty seals or poor installation. Drafty windows let outside air in and inside air out, making your HVAC system work harder. That increases your utility bills.
- Window frame damage. If the frames of the windows are chipped or soft, it could be the water damage or simply old age. Frames that are soft to the touch may have been damaged by water and rot. They may even be sagging.
- Sticking. If your windows are difficult to open, close, lock or unlock, it’s time to replace them. The windows could be warped or rotten or the locking mechanisms broken or rusted. If you can’t lock the windows, that could impact your home’s security.
- Condensation. If you see fog or frost between the panes of your windows, that means the seal is broken. The windows are no longer insulated or energy-efficient which impacts your utility bills.
- Broken glass. This is an obvious sign that the window is no longer functional and needs to be replaced.
If you notice any of these signs on your windows, it’s probably time to get them replaced.
*This guide provides you with our recent blogs on tips and information on Replacement Windows.
Getting the Right Replacement Windows Installed
When you’re ready to replace those St. Louis windows, you need to decide which ones to buy. There are many brands, types and styles of windows. Window frames come in a variety of materials. So how do you choose?
Don’t Settle for Cheap Windows
Sure, it’s a considerable investment to replace your windows and you may be tempted to get lower grade ones to save some money. However, this will only cause you problems down the road. It may wind up costing your more in the long term than opting for high-quality windows in the first place.
Choose the Best Windows
Don’t be don’t settle for less than the best. Choose high-quality windows that are durable, aesthetic and made to last. Banner Construction only carries the top premier windows:
Pella Premium Windows and doors are rated #1 in highest quality and innovation by Homeowners. Consumer Reports has also ranked them #1 consistently in their tests. Pella has been named greenest window and door brand by Green Builder Media. Pella offers energy-efficient options that will meet or exceed ENERGY STAR® certification in all 50 states.
Pella has been providing top-of-the line windows and doors to consumers since 1925. The company originated in Pella, Iowa, where their headquarters still exists. Their focus is to provide the best quality windows and doors available.
Pella products are tested well beyond what some other manufacturers consider adequate. They are tested in extreme temperatures, severe impact, and through thousands of repetitions to ensure you receive the finest and most durable product. That’s why Pella can offer some of the most superior warranties in the business on all of their products.
Pella offers a unique service called Pella Design Works to all their certified contractors. This service allows certified contractors like Banner Construction to show you how your home’s exterior will look after the windows and doors are installed. This will help you in your decisions on which styles and designs will work best for your home.
Simonton Premier Vinyl Windows has been around since 1946 as the premiere company in vinyl windows and doors. They are designed for structural integrity and weather resistance. They also meet ENERGY STAR® guidelines and are considered thermal-efficient.
Simonton Windows are designed for beauty with an impression that is made to last with various designs and styles to choose from. Their most popular series, the SimontonReflections 5500 series, offers a Double Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Key features of Simonton’s premium vinyl replacement windows:
- Low maintenance, great warranty
- Energy efficient
- Warm, realistic woodgrain finishes available as well as custom finished
- Create the look you want - classic, modern, traditional or non-traditional
Hire the Right Contractor in St. Louis
Installing windows is a huge undertaking. Tackling the project yourself would require lots of time and cause mistakes that cost extra. Hiring an experienced contractor could save you lots of headaches.
Whether you are replacing your windows for energy efficiency, weather resistance, ease of maintenance, or curb appeal, our designers will work with you to ensure that you get the right windows that offer the best value.
By hiring an experienced and reputable company to install your replacement windows you’ll get peace of mind knowing they’ll be installed correctly. Banner Construction excels at installing replacement windows across the entire St. Louis metro area including St. Charles and Jefferson Counties in Missouri and Madison and Monroe Counties in Illinois. We'll provide you with differentiated design options when planning your window replacement.
Contact us today to get a free consultation on replacing your windows.