Choosing the right vinyl siding contractor in St. Louis involves more than just finding the lowest price. Your home is one of the biggest investments you will make. Therefore, hiring a reputable vinyl siding contractor is an important decision. To protect your home and investment, you need a contractor with the knowledge, experience, and expertise to do the job right. Before hiring a contractor, take the time to do your research and find out how long they have been in business, how many projects they have completed, and if they have any specialized certifications.
Experience and Expertise in St. Louis: The Importance of Knowledgeable Vinyl Siding Contractors
Experienced local contractors have a better understanding of the best materials for the area and the installation process, which can save you time, money, and frustration in the long run.
- They can also provide recommendations and guidance on the best options for your specific needs and budget.
- When choosing a vinyl siding contractor, opt for the local one with a well-established reputation and demonstrated competence in the field.
- A local vinyl siding contractor with years of experience in the St. Louis area will be knowledgeable about the types of siding that stand up to its extreme weather conditions.
What Weather Conditions does the St. Louis area have?
The St. Louis climate is known for its hot, humid summers and cold winters. Extreme temperature changes and weather patterns can take a toll on vinyl siding. Some of the weather impacts on vinyl siding in St. Louis and the surrounding metro area include:
- Searing Heat: St. Louis summers can be scorching, reaching over 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Vinyl siding is designed to withstand high temperatures. Still, prolonged exposure to heat can cause the material to expand and contract. This expansion and contraction can lead to warping, buckling, and cracking of the vinyl siding.
- Brutal Cold: Winters in St. Louis can be harsh, with temperatures dropping below freezing. Extreme cold can cause vinyl siding to become brittle, making it more susceptible to cracking and breaking. Additionally, frozen precipitation, such as snow and ice, can cause damage to vinyl siding. As the weight of snow and ice builds up, it can cause the vinyl siding to crack or even pull away from the house.
- Harsh Winds: The St. Louis area is also prone to strong winds, especially during thunderstorms and tornadoes. Wind can cause vinyl siding to loosen and even come off, exposing the home to the elements. Additionally, wind-blown debris, such as tree branches, can cause significant damage to vinyl siding.
- Destructive Hailstorms: The Midwest area sees its share of thunderstorms, with some having destructive hail. Vinyl siding can be damaged during hailstorms, especially without the proper installation. Cracks and holes made in vinyl siding from hail stones allow moisture to do more damage to the structure of the home.
- Damaging Moisture: Finally, St. Louis is known for its high humidity levels. Moisture can penetrate vinyl siding, leading to mold, mildew, and other water damage. Additionally, water can get trapped behind vinyl siding, leading to rot and decay of the underlying structure.
Quality and Durability: The Significance of Choosing the Right Materials
The quality and durability of vinyl siding are essential factors in determining the longevity and protection of your home. When choosing materials, experienced vinyl siding contractors should consider the environmental conditions of your area and your personal preferences in style and design. Choosing the best siding material can help enhance the value of your home, improve its appearance, and increase its insulation efficiency.
- Look for siding with high impact resistance, UV resistance, and heat resistance. Some of the best options for siding are premium vinyl siding, insulated vinyl siding, or fiber cement siding.
- Insulated vinyl siding provides thermal benefits and improves your home’s energy efficiency.
- Premium vinyl siding also offers a range of visual options and is low maintenance.
- Fiber cement siding is far more durable than wood and resistant to fire, pests, and rot.
- Don’t hesitate to ask your contractor about the quality and durability of the siding they recommend. Make sure they only use reliable and high-quality materials.
Affordability and Reputation: Finding the Right Balance for Your Budget and Peace of Mind
The affordability of vinyl siding is an essential factor that influences the decision-making process. But, it is vital to consider the quality and reputation of the contractor, along with factors like warranty and insurance. Keep the following tips in mind when selecting a vinyl siding contractor in St. Louis and surrounding metro area:
- Don’t be tempted by a vinyl siding contractor who offers a low price without verifying their experience and expertise.
- Work with a contractor who provides a reasonable quote based on the quality of their work and the materials they recommend.
- Remember that cheap materials may cause more problems and could cost you more in repairs or replacement.
- Choosing a contractor with a strong reputation in the industry is also essential.
- Look for customer reviews, ask for references, and check if they have a good rating with the local St. Louis area Better Business Bureau.
- A reputable contractor will provide you with a written estimate, contract, warranty, and insurance for their workers.
Ultimately, finding the right contractor for your vinyl siding in St. Louis requires careful consideration of a variety of factors. Choose a contractor with substantial experience and expertise, who uses high-quality and durable materials, and who is reasonable with their pricing. Finding a reputable contractor can take time but will give you peace of mind while protecting your home and investment.
Banner Construction installs premium vinyl siding by Mastic Home Exteriors. The Quest® panel has a classic wood look and offers 35 base colors and more than 700 DreamColor® hues, so you’re sure to find a color you love. Mastic premium siding stands up to extreme weather, requires little maintenance, and is an eco-friendly choice for your family.
Banner Construction has served clients in St. Louis and the surrounding metro area for 30 years and are one of St. Louis’ premier vinyl siding companies! Contact Banner Construction today to discuss how we can increase the value of your home with new vinyl siding! Banner Construction is proud of our outstanding reputation for customer service and excellent workmanship. We have received the Guidemaster Award for Excellence several years in a row. This award is for reliable service and on-time and on-budget performance. Contact us online or call 314-356-9861 to schedule a free consultation.